How to Download Animated GIFs for Your MMS Campaigns
Updated: Nov 2, 2021
The AGE Texting platform allows customers to send an MMS— a text message with an image or an animated GIF.
Whether you're planning content for social media, online banner ads, or text message marketing, GIFs are more eye-catching than static images.
GIFs add animation to your content—helping it stand out even more than a static image. Plus, customers love them! In fact, more than 700 GIF-lovers use GIPHY, a GIF search website, and share more than 10 billion GIFs every day. (Variety, 2019)
You can use a free online GIF editor like ezgif.com to create your own animation with 3-4 photos or to convert a short video to a GIF. This GIF was created on ezgif.com with 3 photos. However, it is important to know that there are still many animations available for you to use.
Why use GIFs in your MMS marketing efforts?
They are mobile friendly and show up on most mobile devices. GIFs were created to produce a video-like animation without the large bandwidth required for video.
GIFs enhance learning. The brain processes images 60,000 times faster than it does words. So, using GIFs is a fantastic way to relay your message.
Plain and simple— GIFs are entertaining. They are a great way to showcase your business's personality and products.
What is the best source for GIFs?
Giphy.com is a popular search engine where you can easily find a variety of animated GIFs, but you can find websites all over the Internet.
How do I save a GIF that I want to use in an MMS to my computer?
1. Simply type in the topic or product you are looking for in the search bar.
2. Click on the GIF to pull it up on your screen.
3. Hover over the image and right click to pull up a list of option. Select "Save Image As".
4. Choose where you want to save the file and rename it so you can easily find it.
5. Find the file and confirm the size will work to attach to your MMS. Then, select the “General” tab to ensure the size is smaller than 1 MB, which it is. Finally, select the “Details” tab to check the dimensions. As you can see, the size is 480 x 480 pixels which will work just fine for an MMS.
6. Do this by hovering over the file, right-click, then select "Properties" at the bottom of the list.
7. Finally, select "Details" to ensure file size and dimensions will work for your MMS.
Next time you want to add some pizazz to your text campaign, consider using a GIF to feature multiple products or an animated eye-catching image promoting your sale.