Get More Online Reviews By Texting Your Review Link
Updated: Nov 2
Why are Online Reviews Important?
79 percent of consumers trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation. This means you want to have more reviews than your competitors. (Bright Local, 2020)
Almost Nine out of ten (89%) consumers worldwide go online to read the reviews before purchasing a product. (Trustpilot, 2020)
There are a number of review sites, but Google is the most popular resource with approximately 59 percent of shoppers using it. Amazon comes in a close second with 57 percent. Research shows that most consumers who read online reviews read more than one. In fact, online review statistics show that more than half of online shoppers (54.7 percent) read at least four product reviews before purchasing a product. Around 44 percent of them read three or fewer reviews. (Bizrate Insights, 2021)
Although shoppers rely heavily on reviews when considering what products to buy, they also review responses to all the reviews—especially negative feedback. Addressing customer concerns as soon as possible is a key to providing good customer service. As many as 45 percent of consumers are more likely to support businesses who have responded to negative reviews. A study released by Womply reports that businesses who reply to their reviews at least 25 percent of the time average 35 percent more revenue. (Womply)
How to Make a Link for Customers to Leave a Review on Google
From your computer—
1. Sign in to Google My Business
· (If you have multiple locations, open the location that you want to manage.)
2. In the left menu, click Home.
3. In the “Get more reviews” card, copy your short URL to share with customers.
4. You might also consider creating customized shortened URLs for email and text links. Use Google's Campaign URL Generator tool. Shorten the link using Bitly or other URL shortener. AGE SMS customers can use the built-in Bitly tool to shorten all URLs. AGE Media can provide a click-through report for each URL.
Why Text the Link?
To encourage customers to write a review, you need to make the process as easy as possible. By texting them the link, they simply click to open to the page where they can rate you on Google then leave a few words about their experience.
Although email is still a great way to send a review request along with the link, it is important to keep in mind that email has an average open rate of 18% while 98% of text messages are read. When customers click on your link, they can rate your business then leave a review. Be sure to read and reply to customer reviews. Be mindful of how you address negative reviews; as many as 45 percent of consumers are more likely to support businesses who have responded to negative reviews.
Note: Do not entice customers to leave reviews by offering incentives such as coupons.
What to Include in a Request for a Review
1. A Reason why you want their feedback— For example, “Your feedback helps us improve our business.”
2. Request feedback; do not specifically ask for a positive review.
3. Don’t entice your customer to leave a review by offering a coupon.
4. Don’t wait too long. Reach out in one to two days while their visit or experience with your business is still top of mind.
If you would like to grow your online reviews, contact AGE Media today to learn about our products that allow you to get feedback from your customers and increase your online reviews.